This policy was last updated on July 1, 2021.
The primary purpose of NAQT’s website is to facilitate NAQT quiz bowl competition and the growth thereof. It is not permitted to use data from our website for any commercial purpose other than running a tournament on NAQT questions, covering quiz bowl in the media, or evaluating actual or potential business relationships. If you have another purpose in mind, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for permission.
All information users provide to NAQT through our website must be truthful to the best of their knowledge. This includes, but is not limited to, a prohibition on knowingly providing false information about affiliations and roles with schools and other organizations.
NAQT may terminate or suspend a person or organization’s access to naqt.com (or specific parts thereof) at our discretion.
The following rules apply to accounts on naqt.com:
- Accounts must use the real name of the account holder. This does not need to be the person’s full legal name; it can be any version of a “full name” the person regularly uses in life.
- Accounts may not be shared, transferred, or used by any person other than the account holder. The sole exception is that another person may enter credit card information for payments (but passwords may not be shared for this purpose; the account holder must log in).
- Accounts may only be held by individuals. No pseudonymous accounts, “team accounts,” or other shared accounts are permitted.
- Accounts may not be linked to shared email addresses (such as those for teams or “roles” like a school’s accounting office). The email address on an account must be controlled and used only by the account holder.
- Users must make reasonable efforts to provide email addresses that are usable on an ongoing basis. In particular, “burner” email addresses are not permitted. Holders of accounts linked to school-based email addresses are strongly advised to update their email address when leaving the school.
- No person may have or use more than one naqt.com account.
- Account holders must be at least 13 years old. Younger people are not permitted to have or use accounts.
Automated access to naqt.com is generally not permitted. If you wish to scrape our website or do other automated things, contact email@example.com to discuss your use case; we may be able to provide the data in a more convenient fashion. Automated access to NAQT’s RSS feeds is permitted at a rate of no more than once per feed per minute. Established general-purpose search engines may index naqt.com as long as they obey our robots.txt file.