Quiz Bowl in Asia
In 2018–2019 NAQT will sponsor these tournaments in Asia:
- Kuala Lumpur Fall Invitational: Saturday, November 24, 2018 at the International School of Kuala Lumpur in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (IS-176A-AS)
- Sunway Invitational: Saturday, January 19, 2019 at Sunway International School in Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia (IS-182A-AS)
- Bangkok Invitational: Saturday, January 26, 2019 at Berkeley International School in Khet Bang Na, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, Thailand (IS-176A-AS)
- Tokyo Invitational: Saturday, February 23, 2019 at the Tower Hall Funabori in Tokyo, Japan (IS-177-AS and IS-178A-AS)
- Hong Kong Invitational: Saturday, March 2, 2019 at Hong Kong International School in Tai Tam, Hong Kong SAR, China (IS-176A-AS)
- Philippines Championship: Saturday, March 9, 2019 at the La Salle Green Hills in Metro Manila, Philippines ()
- 2019 Asian Championship Tournament: Saturday, March 23, 2019 at the Shanghai American School, Puxi Campus in Shanghai, China (IS-183-AS)
These tournaments will use English-language question sets customized for teams in Asia. The Asian Championship Tournament will use Invitational Series #183-AS (based on Invitational Series #183 and also incorporating questions from the 2018 Small School National Championship Tournament); the other tournaments will use Invitational Series #176A-AS through Invitational Series #182A-AS. All odd-numbered sets (e.g. Invitational Series #177-AS) will be geared towards experienced teams, whereas even-numbered sets (e.g. Invitational Series #176A-AS) will be at the introductory level.
NAQT sponsored these tournaments in the inaugural year of its Asian program:
- Chiang Mai Invitational: December 9, 2017 at the Chiang Mai International School in Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Sunway Invitational: January 20, 2018 at the Sunway International School in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Asian Championship Tournament: March 10, 2018 at the Singapore American School in Singapore
- Guangzhou Invitational: March 24, 2018 at the American International School of Guangzhou in Guangzhou, China
These tournaments all used English-language question sets customized for teams in Asia. The Asian Championship Tournament used Invitational Series #174AS, based on Invitational Series #174 and also incorporating questions from the 2017 NAQT Small School National Championship Tournament; the other three tournaments used Invitational Series #167AS, based on Invitational Series #167A.
Contact Joyce Sun (email@example.com) with any questions about NAQT’s operations in Asia.