Quiz Bowl in Asia
Quiz bowl is an academic game in which teams of four players compete against each other to “buzz in” to answer questions about any conceivable subject. By competing in our quiz bowl tournaments, your students have the potential to join the ranks of former and current players at of Harvard, Yale, Cambridge, and Oxford in our Hall of Champions.
In 2018–2019 NAQT will sponsor these tournaments in Asia:
- Yantai Invitational: Saturday, November 10, 2018 at Yantai American School in Yantai, Shandong, China ()
- Kuala Lumpur Fall Invitational: Saturday, November 24, 2018 at the International School of Kuala Lumpur in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (IS-180A-AS)
- Sunway Invitational: Saturday, January 19, 2019 at Sunway International School in Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia (IS-182A-AS)
- Bangkok Invitational: Saturday, January 26, 2019 at Berkeley International School in Khet Bang Na, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, Thailand (IS-180A-AS)
- Tokyo Invitational: Saturday, February 23, 2019 at the Tower Hall Funabori in Tokyo, Japan (IS-178A-AS)
- Hong Kong Invitational: Saturday, March 2, 2019 at Hong Kong International School in Tai Tam, Hong Kong SAR, China (IS-176A-AS)
- Philippines Championship: Saturday, March 9, 2019 at the La Salle Green Hills in Metro Manila, Philippines (IS-182A-AS)
- 2019 Asian Championship Tournament: Saturday, March 23, 2019 at the Shanghai American School, Puxi Campus in Shanghai, China (IS-183-AS)
These tournaments will use English-language question sets customized for teams in Asia. The Asian Championship Tournament will use Invitational Series #183-AS (based on Invitational Series #183 and also incorporating questions from the 2018 Small School National Championship Tournament); the other tournaments will use Invitational Series #176A-AS through Invitational Series #182A-AS. All odd-numbered sets (e.g. Invitational Series #177-AS) will be geared towards experienced teams, whereas even-numbered sets (e.g. Invitational Series #176A-AS) will be at the introductory level.
In addition, these tournaments will be hosted by schools in Asia (not directly by NAQT):
- Singapore American Fall Invitational: Saturday, September 29, 2018 at Singapore American School in Singapore (IS-177-AS)
- Shanghai Fall Invitational: Saturday, October 20, 2018 at the Concordia International School Shanghai in Shanghai, China (IS-179-AS)
- Singapore Open Invitational: Saturday, November 17, 2018 at Yale National University Singapore College in Singapore (IS-179-AS)
- Brent Invitational: Saturday, November 24, 2018 at the Brent International School Subic in Zambales, Philippines (IS-176A-AS)
- Korea Invitational: Friday, February 1, 2019 at Seoul Foreign School in Seoul, South Korea (IS-182A-AS)
- Guangzhou Invitational: Friday, February 15, 2019 - Saturday, February 16, 2019 at the American International School of Guangzhou in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China (IS-181-AS)
Here is a map of all the quiz bowl tournaments in Asia using questions from NAQT (whether hosted by NAQT directly or by schools themselves):
- Most tournaments.
- Tournaments listed with an approximate date.
- National championships.
Letters indicate the level of the tournament. Tournaments for multiple levels may be shown with a •.
Contact Joyce Sun (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about NAQT’s operations in Asia.