Buzzword is an exciting online game of knowledge and recall from NAQT, the leading provider of quiz bowl questions. Buzzword will challenge the depth and breadth of your knowledge in an engaging, audio-based format and let you compare your results with those of players at your level from around the world.
You can also join leagues to see how you stack up against your friends, teammates, family, and others.
If you aren’t familiar with quiz bowl, you might want to read about how to play. If you are, you should feel at home with Buzzword—it’s essentially tossup-only quiz bowl.
There are sample games available at all four levels of Buzzword. Level A is the easiest and the difficulty increases from there. If you’re new to quiz bowl, we recommend starting with Level A and working your way up.
Since you are not logged in, you will not be able to restart a sample game that you pause, and you will not have permanent access to your results. If you have an NAQT account, you should log in ; then any sample games will be linked to your account, so you will be able to resume them and see your results.
Sample games use questions from NAQT’s archives that were used for in-person tournaments and sold as practice material. Actual Buzzword competitions will use only newly written, previously unheard questions to ensure fair competition.
These games are available now:
- 2020 Season 3 Level A (eight weeks; Thursday, September 24, 2020 – Sunday, November 15, 2020 — going on right now!)
- 2020 Season 3 Popular Culture (eight weeks; Thursday, September 24, 2020 – Sunday, November 15, 2020 — going on right now!)
- 2020 Season 3 Level B (eight weeks; Friday, September 25, 2020 – Monday, November 16, 2020 — open for registration)
- 2020 Season 3 Level C (eight weeks; Saturday, September 26, 2020 – Tuesday, November 17, 2020 — open for registration)
- 2020 Season 3 Level D (eight weeks; Saturday, September 26, 2020 – Tuesday, November 17, 2020 — open for registration)
(Level A is the easiest available level; Level D is the hardest.)
You’ll need to create an naqt.com account (or log in to your account) to register.