Buzzword is an exciting online game of knowledge and recall from NAQT, the leading provider of quiz bowl questions. Buzzword will challenge the depth and breadth of your knowledge in an engaging, audio-based format and let you compare your results with those of players at your level from around the world.
You can also join leagues to see how you stack up against your friends, teammates, family, and others.
If you aren’t familiar with quiz bowl, you might want to read about how to play. If you are, you should feel at home with Buzzword—it’s essentially tossup-only quiz bowl.
There are sample games available at all four levels of Buzzword. Level A is the easiest and the difficulty increases from there. If you’re new to quiz bowl, we recommend starting with Level A and working your way up.
The Popular Culture game is similar in difficulty to Level B, though it’s hard to compare difficulties between mostly-academic questions and all-popular-culture questions.
Since you are not logged in, you will not be able to restart a sample game that you pause, and you will not have permanent access to your results. If you have an NAQT account, you should log in; then any sample games will be linked to your account, so you will be able to resume them and see your results.
Sample games use questions from past Buzzword games. Most “real” (non-sample) games use all-new questions. (Occasionally, we may re-run previous questions or games so that players who missed them the first time can have a chance to play; in such cases, the latter game(s) will be clearly marked and limited so that players who have already heard the questions cannot play.)
These games are available now:
- Season 6 Level A (eight weeks; Thursday, January 20, 2022 – Sunday, March 13, 2022 — going on right now!)
- Season 6 Popular Culture (eight weeks; Thursday, January 20, 2022 – Sunday, March 13, 2022 — going on right now!)
- Season 6 Level C (eight weeks; Saturday, January 22, 2022 – Tuesday, March 15, 2022 — open for registration)
- Practice Level A (MS #32) (five weeks; Thursday, January 20, 2022 – Tuesday, February 22, 2022 — going on right now!)
- Practice Level B (IS #187A) (six weeks; Thursday, January 20, 2022 – Tuesday, March 1, 2022 — going on right now!)
- Practice Level C (IS #188) (six weeks; Thursday, January 20, 2022 – Tuesday, March 1, 2022 — going on right now!)
(Level A is the easiest available level; Level C is the hardest.)
You’ll need to create an naqt.com account (or log in to your account) to register.