New High School Package
NAQT offers a discounted package to high schools with new quiz bowl teams to help them get started. There are similar packages for new middle school teams, new community college teams, and new college teams.
The package includes…
- A set of Speed Check questions (SC #66; 12 packets). These are short, easy questions intended to be played by inexperienced players at the beginning of the year when they need to “warm up” to the buzzer system.
- Three complete 2020–2021 Introductory Invitational Series sets (IS #194A, IS #196A, and IS #198A; 36 packets total). These are the questions used by high school tournaments (often early in the year) that are aimed at younger players with comparatively little tournament experience. They provide for an introduction to the game and its subject matter without being overwhelmingly difficult.
- A complete 2020–2021 Regular Invitational Series set (IS #197; 12 packets). These are the questions used by varsity tournaments through the year. They are a little harder than, and contain a few more clues than, the introductory questions and are intended for players in the school’s quiz bowl club who plan on traveling to tournaments during the year.
- One packet from the 2021 High School National Championship Tournament (HSNCT) set. These are the questions that elite teams faced for the title. They represent the level of accomplishment and knowledge to which serious teams and players should aspire.
- An abbreviated set of Frequency List study guides that list the works of literature, art, and music that have been mentioned most frequently in NAQT’s questions since our founding in 1996. These will help team members focus their preparation for invitational tournaments, state championships, and (if they are successful!) the High School National Championship Tournament and possibly the Small School National Championship Tournament.
The New High School Package thus contains questions for every facet of a school’s first year “on the circuit,” from new players that have never competed before to the school’s top four players who are preparing for state and national championships. It contains a total of 61 packets with over 2,800 questions of varying degrees of difficulty.
The total cost of the package, including shipping, is $119.