Power Up: Focus on Psychology & Linguistics
Power Up: Focus on Psychology & Linguistics is a study guide, part of NAQT’s series of Power Up study guides, that educates players about topics in psychology and linguistics that often come up in quiz bowl.
The study guide contains the following:
- A diagnostic Pretest for assessing which players could benefit from the guide. This quiz is also available on the NAQT website for free so that coaches can judge whether the study guide will be useful to their players.
- Laminated Topic Lists with core information that players need to learn.
- Practice Questions taken from NAQT’s past tournament sets on which students’ progress can be evaluated.
- Topic Cards for use in optional drills and supplemental question-writing projects.
- A Posttest for measuring a player’s performance after using the study guide; students’ scores can be compared to their diagnostic scores.
- A Coach’s Guide for getting the most out of the Power Up materials.
The Power Up study guide suggests these books for further reading: