Online Registration System
NAQT has made an online registration system available for use by any host running a tournament using NAQT questions. This is the same system that we use for our own national championships.
Using the system is optional and free. NAQT hopes it will make hosts’ lives easier and keep online information about tournaments more up-to-date.
Hosts that choose to use the system will need to specify the necessary information (registration deadlines, field caps, discounts, etc.), all of which can be updated using an online interface. Coaches will then be able to register teams using their naqt.com accounts.
The primary advantages of using this system are …
- The system will automatically check for any question security issues (teams attending your tournament when they have competed at or registered for another event using an overlapping packet set).
- The system will track registered teams, contact information, and players in one place. Hopefully this will prevent confusion if two Central High Schools (for instance) register for your event.
- Once teams have filled in their players, you can download a SQBS file with the team and player data (so you don’t need to re-enter it).
- Since the player names persist across tournaments, this should reduce spelling errors and other problems with stats.
- The system will calculate how much each team owes based on the information you provide about the tournament’s entry fee and any discounts that are available.
If you are interested in setting up your event to use our registration system—or if you have questions about doing so—please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope this makes tournament directors’ lives a little easier!