National Academic Quiz Tournaments, LLC is pleased to make several packets of sample questions available for examination by teams interested in hosting events or purchasing practice questions.
All of the sample packets are in Adobe PDF format, for which a free viewer is available.
- Middle School Series Packet (from MS #11)
- These are NAQT’s basic questions for middle school tournaments.
- Middle School National Championship Packet (from 2015)
- These are more difficult middle school questions used at the Middle School National Championship Tournament held each spring.
- Introductory Invitational Series Packet (from IS #139A)
- These questions (formerly known as “A-level” sets) are intended for use at early-in-the-year high school tournaments, tournaments with new or inexperienced players, and tournaments with teams unfamiliar with NAQT questions. They can be licensed for high school or community college tournaments, but are probably inappropriately easy for varsity play by four-year colleges.
- Invitational Series Packet (from IS #138)
- These are NAQT’s basic questions used at “regular” tournaments throughout the year. They can be licensed for high school, community college, and other events.
- High School National Championship Packet (from 2016)
- These are difficult high school questions that are used at the High School National Championship Tournament that is annually held around Memorial Day weekend. These questions would also be appropriate for most college varsity teams, but are probably too difficult for the bulk of high school teams.
- Intramural Packet (from 2012–2013)
- These are the equivalent of the Introductory Invitational Series for college players; they are for players who enjoy knowledge competitions but who aren’t members of practicing teams. They can be licensed for intramural tournaments at the college level. They contain more sports and popular culture (and slightly risque material, like R-rated movies) and are thus not recommended for use at high school tournaments.
- Sectional Championship Packet (from 2016)
- These are relatively difficult questions used at the Sectional Championship Tournaments held each February to determine the teams that will go on to compete at the Intercollegiate Championship Tournament. Community College SCTs use regular Invitational Series questions.
- Sectional Championship Division II Packet (from 2016)
- These questions are used for Division II at NAQT’s Sectional Championship Tournaments, which determine the teams that will go on to compete in Division II of the Intercollegiate Championship Tournament.
- Intercollegiate Championship Packet (from 2016)
- These are very difficult questions used at the Intercollegiate Championship Tournament which has the best college teams from the United States, Canada, and Great Britain in attendance.
- Intercollegiate Championship Division II Packet (from 2016)
- These questions are used for Division II at NAQT’s Intercollegiate Championship Tournament.
- Speed Check Series Packet (from 2014–2015)
- These are short (one-sentence) pyramidal questions. There are no bonuses.
- Lightning Rounds (from 2014–2015)
- Each question in this type of set consists of ten related, very short parts, and is meant to be completely read and answered in 60 seconds.
If you have any questions about NAQT or its questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to advise you on which questions would be most appropriate as practice material for your team or as pristine material for your tournament.