This policy was last updated on June 30, 2023.
Removal of Public Information
We post results from tournaments. We are committed to preserving the history of quiz bowl and strongly prefer not to remove results.
Upon request, we will obscure a player’s statistical results by changing their full last name to a last initial if all of the following conditions hold:
The player has never participated in an NAQT championship. The following events count as NAQT championships for this purpose:
- Middle School National Championship Tournament
- Asian Championship Tournament
- Small School National Championship Tournament
- Individual Player National Championship Tournament
- High School National Championship Tournament
- Sectional Championship Tournament (Community College or four-year)
- Community College Championship Tournament
- Intercollegiate Championship Tournament
- other events of similar calibre at NAQT’s discretion
- At least two full competition years have passed since the player last played NAQT quiz bowl
- The player has no naqt.com account nor any (past or present) business with NAQT other than playing, such as team leadership or ordering practice material
- There are no case-specific reasons NAQT wants to retain information on the player, such as outstanding debts, eligibility issues, or enforcement of bans
Such requests should be sent to email@example.com by the player themself.
Results are generally not removed or obscured except as described above, unless there is an extraordinarily compelling reason, typically legal orders or the reasonable expectation of physical harm.
We honor requests from individuals to remove themselves from our marketing lists. We also accept such requests from parents and legal guardians of minors. We do not accept other third-party requests for removal. Requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We collect data on how our website is used so that we can understand our customers’ (and prospective customers’) needs, make our website more useful, fix bugs, and otherwise improve the site. We do not share individual data with anyone else. Our website analytics software is self-hosted. We may share aggregate data (e.g. total number of visitors in a given time period) with prospective sponsors or other organizations.