New Community College Package
NAQT offers a discounted package to community colleges with new quiz bowl teams to help them get started. There are similar packages for new middle school teams, new high school teams, and new college teams.
The package includes…
- A set of Speed Check questions (SC #54; 12 packets). These are short, easy questions intended to be played by inexperienced players at the beginning of the year when they need to “warm up” to the buzzer system.
- Three complete 2017–2018 Introductory Invitational Series (IS #169A, IS #171A, and IS #173A; 36 packets total). These are the questions used by community college tournaments (often early in the year) that are aimed at younger players with comparatively little tournament experience. They provide for an introduction to the game and its subject matter without being overwhelmingly difficult.
- One complete 2017–2018 Invitational Series (IS #170; 12 packets). These are the questions used by most community college events and four-year college novice tournaments throughout the year. They are intended for serious players in the school’s quiz bowl club who plan on traveling to tournaments during the year.
- One packet from the 2018 Community College Championship (CCCT) set. These are the questions that the elite teams faced in Chicago. They represent the level of accomplishment and knowledge to which serious teams and players should aspire.
- An abbreviated set of Frequency List study guides that list the works of literature, art, and music that have been mentioned most frequently in NAQT’s questions since our founding in 1996. These will help team members focus their preparation for invitational tournaments, Sectionals, and (if they are successful!) Nationals.
The New Community College Package thus contains questions for every facet of a school’s first year “on the circuit,” from teams that have never competed before to the school’s top four players who are preparing for the 2019 Community College Sectionals (CC SCTs). It contains a total of 61 game packets with over 2,800 questions of varying degrees of difficulty.
The total cost of the package, including shipping, is $119.