Electronic Practice Material Distribution
NAQT is pleased to announce that starting September 16, 2019 we will be taking orders to be fulfilled using a secure electronic distribution service, Locklizard. For now this is only for orders of practice material; in the future, we expect to also offer secure electronic delivery of tournament questions.
Practice materials will be accessible via the Locklizard software viewer, which is an application users will need to download and install, and via the Locklizard web viewer, which works within a web browser. Both viewers can be used on mobile devices. You may want to read the technical requirements and setup guide.
Electronic order fulfillment has several advantages:
- Reliable, Rapid Shipping
- Electronic order fulfillment will enable NAQT to deliver orders more efficiently and accurately. We expect to fulfill orders within three business days (from the order confirmation date).
- Paper Reduction
- Electronic order fulfillment will reduce the amount of paper required to run practices and study sessions.
- Reduced Cost
- The efficiency of electronic order fulfillment has enabled us to cut our practice-material prices by about 10% or more.
- Permanent Library
- Sometimes people lose part of a printed item, or lose large print archives during personnel changes. With electronic distribution there’s no danger of losing part of a file, or of a program losing access to files when an archivist leaves the program.
- In addition, we plan to offer access to old licensed materials. This feature will not be immediately available, but we expect to have it ready by the end of 2019.
- Environmental Impact
- Reducing the number of printed copies and removing the need to transport physical copies to customers will reduce the overall environmental impact of quiz bowl.
We will resume taking orders for practice material on Monday, September 16, 2019, but we are ready now to set up Locklizard accounts for people who want them.